Ultrix curses problem

Rick Kawala condor at mas1.UUCP
Thu Mar 8 05:34:12 AEST 1990

I have an application that we've been running under 4.x BSD
for about 6 years now. When we went to move it to Ultrix, we
found that curses.h didn't contain "extern" declarations for
the variables KL and KR (which normally are extern char *'s
that point to the sequences generated by the left and right
arrow keys on a particular terminal).

Does anyone know why these variables aren't available? I tried
"externing" them myself, but they just weren't there. Is there
another way of getting this information? Do I have to hardwire
these codes in for every terminal type we use (fortunately,
we only have about 5, but it's still a disgusting solution)?
Any info would be appreciated.

Rick Kawala
Whatever it is, consider it disclaimed.