Ultrix curses problem

Michael Meissner meissner at osf.org
Thu Mar 8 09:48:08 AEST 1990

In article <2009 at mas1.UUCP> condor at mas1.UUCP (Rick Kawala) writes:

| I have an application that we've been running under 4.x BSD
| for about 6 years now. When we went to move it to Ultrix, we
| found that curses.h didn't contain "extern" declarations for
| the variables KL and KR (which normally are extern char *'s
| that point to the sequences generated by the left and right
| arrow keys on a particular terminal).
|
| Does anyone know why these variables aren't available? I tried
| "externing" them myself, but they just weren't there. Is there
| another way of getting this information? Do I have to hardwire
| these codes in for every terminal type we use (fortunately,
| we only have about 5, but it's still a disgusting solution)?
| Any info would be appreciated.

Just do tgetstr yourself on the following termcap entries
(descriptions yanked from man termcap(5)):

          kd     str         Sent by terminal down arrow key
          kl     str         Sent by terminal left arrow key
          kr     str         Sent by terminal right arrow key
          ku     str         Sent by terminal up arrow key
--
Michael Meissner	email: meissner at osf.org		phone: 617-621-8861
Open Software Foundation, 11 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA

Catproof is an oxymoron, Childproof is nearly so