How to replace a partition table

Stefan Brandle stefan at wheaton.UUCP
Wed Mar 7 06:47:13 AEST 1990

In article <9947 at cbmvax.commodore.com> grr at cbmvax (George Robbins) writes:
>I wouldn't be too surprised though if it turns out there is actually some
>kind of controller or drive related problem - wrong switch settings or wrong
>geometry.  Diagnostics aren't to be trusted...

Closely related, I was reading recently in a book on ethernet implementation by
Bill [Something] that according to Bill's law:

	Diagnostic programs lie.

with the corellary (SP?--ran this through `spell' in 4 variants: all rejected)

	Different diagnostic programs lie differently.

My addition is that "The manual is also known to lie."  I once went bananas
trying to get something working on an RQDX2 only to have somebody point out
that the binary jumper settings from the manual were all off by 3 positions.

-stefan