uucp and Ultrix 3.1C

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Sat Mar 3 07:13:46 AEST 1990

Just when I thought my 3.1C problems were over...

(1) It seems that the uucp shipped with Ultrix 3.1C still thinks that 19200 is
    an "invalid speed".

    Does anyone know the offset of the speed table and how to use this "dbx"
    animal to do a simple thing like patch an object file.  ((where's my adb 8-(

(2) All the uucp programs choke bigtime if you are using a fully qualified
    domain name for "hostname" and the whole name is longer than xx characters
    (xx ~= 16?).  Looks like they are doing hostname() into a small local
    character array and blowing the stack.

but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com