To 4.0 or 3.1, that's the rub

Dr. Scump aland at infmx.UUCP
Sun May 6 18:36:07 AEST 1990

In article <2021 at wheaton.UUCP> stefan at wheaton.UUCP (Stefan Brandle ) writes:
>Sorry for the sad subject line (:-).
>
>We're in the process of getting ourselves a DECsystem 3100 to run a whole bunch
>of Informix SQL/4GL stuff on.  Specifically, things like our student accounts,
>registrar's transcripts, other important-to-a-college stuff.  I wondering
>whether anybody has any words of wisdom about whether to order Ultrix 3.1X (D?)
>or to be adventurous and order 4.0.

As of last month's machines list, we haven't ported to Ultrix 4.0...
you might want to factor the availability of your Informix and other
applications on the 4.0 platform into your decision of when to upgrade.

--
Alan Denney  @  Informix Software, Inc.          "We're homeward bound
aland at informix.com  {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland   ('tis a damn fine sound!)