Ultrix 4.1!

Steven Parkes steven at uicadd.csl.uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 9 05:49:01 AEST 1990

|> It's a nice gesture, but seems like DEC is more worried about
|> polishing the distribution of buggy releases than shortening
|> the time to get corrected software out to the field.

I talked with an ultrix support person who said that the major reason they
are releasing 4.1 is to handle the new 5000's (not CX, PX+?), which makes
a little sense.  He didn't seem to think there would be lots of other changes.
This is, of course, not verified.  He also made some comments about 4.1
shipping with an X11R4-based server -- but only for the enhanced machines
(PX+?) and specifically not the server used by the vanilla CX's.

If anybody gets the release notes, let us know.  Also, if the person who got
the tapes could tell us if motif is bundled with the base system ...

University of Illinois Coordinated Science Laboratory
steven at pacific.csl.uiuc.edu -------------------------