Ultrix 4.1!

Roland Schemers III schemers at vela.acs.oakland.edu
Fri Nov 9 07:46:03 AEST 1990

>If anybody gets the release notes, let us know.  Also, if the person who got
>the tapes could tell us if motif is bundled with the base system ...

No motif. It does come with X11R4 Xlib, but the server seems to be X11R3.
I tried to run a program that needs the shape extension and it said
the server didn't support it. There seems to be a few pages of bug fixes,
mostly LAT patches. There is also a fix to NFSD that was causing a
deadlock in the kernel. This was hanging our VAX 6310. It also
comes with scamp (System Configuration and Management Program), which
is a menu (text) utility for doing system management. It appears
to be for someone with little or no system management experiance.
It also comes with presto, which is a file system accelerator.

Roland

--
Roland J. Schemers III                              Systems Programmer
schemers at vela.acs.oakland.edu (Ultrix)              Oakland University