ULTRIX 4.0 Buggy?

Bill Roth bill at pslu1.psl.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 20 01:42:11 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov16.184456.3831 at aplcen.apl.jhu.edu> lloyd at aplcen.apl.jhu.edu (Lloyd W. Taylor) writes:
>We had one problem with crashing that was due to a bug in the LAT
>routines.  A patch for the problem is available from DEC Support.

Well...I've seen a few crashes from 4.0 myself...One seeming to involve the
quota system and two involving a corrupt PTE.

NOTE TO DEC PEOPLE READING THIS: I in no way mean to implicate that the
problems arise thru faulty software, though I do not dismiss the possibility.
More than likely, I have a setup that is in some way  non-standard.