ULTRIX 4.0 Buggy?

Karl A. Nyberg karl at grebyn.com
Fri Nov 16 00:20:26 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov14.203309.29357 at decuac.dec.com> mjr at hussar.dco.dec.com (Marcus J. Ranum) writes:
>In article <9249 at cg-atla.UUCP> lucas at cg-atla.UUCP (Dick Lucas) writes:
>
>>Less than a hour after I announced to my user community that I would be
>>installing ULTRIX 4.0 this weekend, a neighboring sysadmin told me he had
>>already done so and found it really buggy - so bad he had to reboot every
>>two days just to keep it up.
>
>	I don't know if you'll believe someone from DEC :), but I've
>been running 4.0 without any trouble since it came out, and it works just
>fine.

	s/someone from DEC :)/someone not from DEC/

I've got a uVAX II, with a fair amount of non-DEC equipment (disks, memory,
terminal controllers) and there have been no problems that I have seen.

Of course, you may want to wait for the 4.1 release, considering that it is
a full upgrade at the moment.  I'm going to stay with 4.0 until either a
patch tape comes out or there's a serious reason for doing a complete
reinstall.

-- Karl --

Karl A. Nyberg				karl at grebyn.com
Post Office Box 497			Grebyn Corporation
Vienna, VA 22183-0497 USA		+1-703-281-2194