top/monitor programs

Richard Weier weier at twolf4.CE.YALE.EDU
Fri Nov 2 03:54:58 AEST 1990

In article <15471 at cbmvax.commodore.com>, grr at cbmvax.commodore.com (George Robbins) writes:
|> In article <1990Oct29.164852.26369 at watcgl.waterloo.edu> idallen at watcgl.waterloo.edu (Ian! D. Allen [CGL]) writes:
|> > Ultrix 3.1C; vmstat doesn't show more than 4 disks.  I have six.  Fix?
|>
|> I think this is a built-in restriction, my suggestion would be to get
|> hold of the "monitor" program from decwrl, which does a much better
|> job at showing system activity and can be modified to suit...

Does anyone have the diffs required to make "top" run on a DECstatsion?  I started to do a port myself but ran into trouble without having the programers reference manuals.

I know of the monitor routine, but not the "moitor" program.  Does this perform a function similar to "top"?  Is decwrl a piece of an ftp site name?