Lost in the maze of Ultrix product numbers

Greg Pavlov pavlov at canisius.UUCP
Wed Sep 19 03:12:15 AEST 1990

In article <6560 at tekgen.BV.TEK.COM>, mike at raven.uss.tek.com (Mike Ewan) writes:

> Let's see if this helps.  (This info is from the Digital Electonic Store,
> 800-234-1998, call this thing up via 1200bps or 2400bps modem and
> subscribe.  It won't replace someone really knowledgable but it does help.)

  ...and if you hit a ctrl-C when you get to the login screens, you'll get in-
     to the system anyway.  I think that that is because the primary reason for
     formal accounts is to control access to ordering  (and several other
     features are not available either).

    Once you figure out the menus, you'll often find this system to be the most
    reliable and accessible source of info/pricing on DEC products - obviously,
    one needs to filter out the "sell".

   greg pavlov, fstrf, amherst, ny