inter-vendor operability of rdump...

Robert Seals rds95 at leah.Albany.Edu
Tue Sep 25 23:53:30 AEST 1990

Hello,

We are running Ultrix 2.2 (shtumm, shtumm) on a microvax-ii,
and when trying to do remote dumps to it, I am having problems.
I notice there is a switch (-o) on the Ultrix rdump that
specifies that the dump is incompatible with non-release 2.x
dump.

But when dumping from (for example) AIX release 3.1, the dump
starts, and goes through all its passes, but invariably "loses
connection to remote host" without any data being written to tape.

I hope there is something easier than "get 4.0".

rob