Problem in loading unsupported subsets

George Robbins grr at cbmvax.commodore.com
Thu Jun 13 13:18:17 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun12.173655.16342 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> mmg9106 at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Massimo  MacUcci) writes:

> I have a strange problem in installing some of the unsupported subsets
> on a DECstation 2100.
> When I try to load the Unsupported X11 Components from the tape, I get
> the following error:
>
> There is not enough file system space to install all of the software
> subsets that you have selected. Make another selection
>
> From the manual it seems that this subset should require 16455 kbytes in
> the /usr partition and we have more than 40 Mbytes available there.
>
> Is there anybody who knows how to convince the DECstation to load this
> subset ?

Go into /usr/etc/subsets and find the files associated with that subsets,
one of these, XXXX.ctrl has a line mtloc x:n, where n is the position of
the file on the distribution tape.  Skip n-1 filesthen do a
"dd if=/dev/... bs=20b | compress -d | tar xvpf -".

Creating a file XXXX.lk will make setld believe it's installed.

Proceed carefully, lest you load the wrong crap in the wrong place...

but no way officially representing:   domain: grr at cbmvax.commodore.com