Problem in loading unsupported subsets

Massimo MacUcci mmg9106 at uxa.cso.uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 13 03:36:55 AEST 1991

I have a strange problem in installing some of the unsupported subsets
on a DECstation 2100.
When I try to load the Unsupported X11 Components from the tape, I get
the following error:

There is not enough file system space to install all of the software
subsets that you have selected. Make another selection

>From the manual it seems that this subset should require 16455 kbytes in
the /usr partition and we have more than 40 Mbytes available there.

Is there anybody who knows how to convince the DECstation to load this
subset ?
                                                  Thanks
                                              Massimo Macucci
Please e-mail any suggestion to both the following addresses:
   macucci at pimic.iet.unipi.it
   macucci at gate.spg.uiuc.edu