M2266S gives error at bootup at DS5100

Dietmar Weis weis at netmbx.UUCP
Wed Jun 5 21:39:03 AEST 1991

I think problems with the Fujitsu M2266S-512 were discussed somewhere
a little time ago. Unfortunately I did not get it all.
So I hope someone could enlighten me with the following problem:

DECsystem 5100 with Ultrix 4.1 won't recognize the disk upon loading
vmunix.

At console mode it is recognized as M2266S-512, 1029 MByte with correct
SCSI ID 3, scsi "test 0x6" gives no error.
The set of "scsi" commands is bad documented, so I don't know if they
passed correctly.

But after booting, when the system is loading vmunix and scanning the
hardware configuration it gives:

SCSI bus 0: command aborted (#0), ID=3 cmd 0x12

and the disk will never show up again until next consol mode.

There was sth in the discussion about the adressing of drives larger than
1 GB. Is it this? Any suggestions?

Thank you
Dietmar

--
weis at netmbx.UUCP         | Dietmar Weis         DONOP CONSULT GmbH
Voice: 030/884 28 54-0   |                      Uhlandstrasse 179/180