DECwindows Session manager (was: Re: Ultrix 4.2)

J. Daniel Smith dsmith at applga.aa.cad.slb.com
Wed Jun 26 23:51:28 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun25.122442.12089 at crl.dec.com> jg at crl.dec.com (Jim Gettys) writes:
>In article <TROST.91Jun24174840 at brahma.reed.edu>, trost at reed.edu writes:
>>    setting the correct resource, and the session manager inserts a
>>    sleep of several seconds before starting the user's session.  I
>>    don't need this kind of sleazy cruft.
>
>You don't need to run the DECwindows session manager if you don't want to.

Hows does one go about NOT running the DECwindows session manager?  I
assume it involves setting things up right in /etc/ttys, among other
things. Also, I'm not particularly fond of the "Xprompter" and X
starting automaticlly at login (but I can live with that).  Is there
any reason in particular to run the session manager?  I'm running
Motif instead of DECwindows, if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
   Dan
J. Daniel Smith                     Internet: dsmith at applga.aa.cad.slb.com
Schlumberger CAD/CAM                  BITNET: smithdan at msuegr
Ann Arbor, Michigan                   Usenet: uunet!sharkey!applga!dsmith