Disk Paritioning Clobbered

Chris Houck houck at m.cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 20 08:17:38 AEST 1991

I was following the suggestions posted here recently about using spare 'a'
partitions to hold backup copies of /  So I did a dd from rz0a to rz1a
and, of course, clobbered the paritioning for disk rz1 (it was a different
size + had more partitions)

So, doing a 'chpt -q rz1' gives me the partition table for rz0 rather than the
one I set up for rz1.  I can still access all of the partitions on rz1 and
df gives the proper filesystem sizes, so the correct data is in the kernel somewhere.
How can I flush it out to the disk?

Thanks
-Chris
(houck at biobio.cs.uiuc.edu)