Disk Paritioning Clobbered

Marcus J. Ranum mjr at hussar.dco.dec.com
Thu Jun 20 13:28:11 AEST 1991

houck at m.cs.uiuc.edu (Chris Houck) writes:

>So, doing a 'chpt -q rz1' gives me the partition table for rz0 rather than the
>one I set up for rz1.

	Well, if you used the default partition map, you could try blasting
another copy back onto the disk with 'chpt -d' - if not, it's probably faster
to just dump/restore, especially if you can do the dump/restore to disk
on some other drive.

mjr.
--
THIS IS A DISCLAIMER. That's because there is always some IDIOT out there who
sees a posting by me, gets the idea that I have an inside line on corporate