ARGH!!! 4.2 update problem

Frederick M. Avolio avolio at decuac.dec.com
Fri Jun 7 14:19:38 AEST 1991

Shoot.  Shoot.  Shoot.

Yeah, the Customer Support Center just reported this as a problem.  I'll
pass on details as I get them (unless I get slapped down) but I believe
that someone screwed up and the RISC tapes have VAX bits.  George is
right-on and I doubt if this is an isolated case... we'll see.

And to answer someone else, no there is no way to do a simple upgrade.

Anyone gotten the CDROM yet?  That should have RISC and VAX.  I am told *it*
is missing the boot block though... Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk.

Fred