motif window manager under ucx

Les Carleton la_carle at sol.brispoly.ac.uk
Wed Jun 12 02:51:16 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun10.131604.648 at vax.oxford.ac.uk> atmbnl at vax.oxford.ac.uk writes:
   Gidday

   I have a DS5000 running Ultrix 4.1 and using the default window manager
   dxwm. Apparently for some software I want to run I should be using the Motif
   window manager. I can't find it ... is it likely I haven't looked in the right
   place, or do I have to get it from DEC.

   (sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm still learning this stuff).

   Bryan Lawrence

You can buy the Motif developers kit from DEC. However any software
you have shouldn't be needing the motif window manager (mwm) it's just
a manager program like dxwm. If you are compiling source code and you
need the motif libraries then you'll have to buy them from DEC or OSF.

...Les...
"Its not a stupid question"
--
| Les Carleton              | la_carle at uk.ac.bristol-poly.gould2 (JANET) |