motif window manager under ucx

Philip Yzarn de Louraille yzarn at lhdsy1.chevron.com
Sun Jun 16 02:07:12 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun10.131604.648 at vax.oxford.ac.uk> atmbnl at vax.oxford.ac.uk writes:
>I have a DS5000 running Ultrix 4.1 and using the default window manager
>dxwm. Apparently for some software I want to run I should be using the Motif
>window manager. I can't find it ... is it likely I haven't looked in the right
>place, or do I have to get it from DEC.

1) You don't have to buy it from DEC, you can get it (cheaper) from OSF and
compile it yourself, it is not that hard, and you will have the source!
2) A good X window program does not care which program manager runs.
3) mwm is not provided by default.
  Philip Yzarn de Louraille                 Internet: yzarn at chevron.com
  Research Support Division                 Unix & Open Systems
  Chevron Information & Technology Co.      Tel: (213) 694-9232
  P.O. Box 446, La Habra, CA 90633-0446     Fax: (213) 694-7709