Ultrix 4.2

Reha Elci reha at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Tue Jun 25 08:35:12 AEST 1991

In article <992 at lhdsy1.chevron.com> yzarn at lhdsy1.chevron.com (Philip Yzarn de Louraille) writes:
>Don't make me laugh. Also, are you testing these "servers that are
>so far ahead of anything else"? How do you know that they are really
>"very close to production"?

I am using PRODUCTION servers at the moment (standard Ultrix 4.1) which have
excellent implementations DPS & PEX. Just looking at that puts it ahead of
anybody elses! There are ample number of calls in the protocol of dps & pex
to allow you to see what has been implemented and not. Write a program
to do this and get machines of any vendor to do the comparison and bring
up program -display host:0. If you're very lucky, the vendor will have the
extension; take a look at the what it implements & not...

Reha Elci