Run away named "accept: Too many open files" Ultrix 4.1A

Juergen Henke juh at qt.IPA.FhG.de
Sat Jun 1 08:21:17 AEST 1991

In article <1991May30.225158.12891 at henson.cc.wwu.edu>
	   jeff at henson.cc.wwu.edu (Jeff Wandling) writes:

>>If there is a real solution, let me know.
>
>We would like to know if other sites who used "standard" procedure for
>setting up bind are getting any help from DEC.
>
>Is there an e-mail address at DEC for reporting these problems?
>

>--
>Jeff Wandling
>Western Washington University Computer Center
>uucp: uw-beaver!henson.cc.wwu.edu!jeff
>Internet:  jeff at henson.cc.wwu.edu

I also ran into problems with the DEC bind (DECstation 5000, Ultrix V4.1) and

Throw away this bind and use the one from gatekeeper.dec.com.

This one is a modified 4.8.3 bind which works perfectly for about 4 months now.

Juergen