Clock granularity on MIPS workstations

Van Cleef Henry H vancleef at iastate.edu
Sat Jun 8 07:43:27 AEST 1991

I am doing some profile-type testing in which I use the gettimeofday(2)
function, which returns a struct timeval with seconds and microseconds.

What is the granularity of the clock in updating the microsecond field.
That is, how many microseconds are added?

Hardware involved is DECstation 2100, 3100, and 5000, running Ultrix
4.1 (soon to update to 4.2).  If the values are different on different
workstations, I need to know this too.

--
Hank van Cleef
vancleef at iastate.edu	Iowa State University, Ames. Ia.