Hard errors on device

Ken Brucker kjb at calmasd.Prime.COM
Fri Jun 21 03:17:16 AEST 1991

I've got a disk that is failing on one of my Ultrix nodes.  What I'd like to
know is if there's a way to determine which files have been corrupted by
several bad block errors.  I've got the sn number, LBN and block number as
reported by dump but don't know how to get to the file names from that info.

One thing I'm going to try next is doing a tar of the file systems that are
failing and see if I can get the file name info that way based on errors
that tar reports.  Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!  - and please post answers!  It's one of my main mail
servers that has crapped out.

Ken
--
** Ken Brucker -- VMS Systems Programmer/Mangler -- ComputerVision
** kjb at calmasd.Prime.COM