unix documentation

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Sat Aug 29 22:10:50 AEST 1981

>From SomeoneOnUUCP at Berkeley Sat Aug 29 22:05:51 1981
	I don't want to use a system which is tailored to the lowest
	denominator.  [If the road signs are too high maybe you're on
	the wrong road.]

C'mon guy...If you take unix as it is, improve on the documentation and
some of the error messages, possibly make some of the utilities
mnemonic, you do not make it less usable for persons like yourself.
Behind all of the verbiage (including denying the users the
"priviledge" of knowledge) I hear that you don't like to use a system
that is easy for "the masses" to use, whether it meets your needs or
not.  Considering the amount of work that has gone into making
"user-friendly" systems over the past decade, and the amount of work
that still needs to be done I find your attitude somewhat
antideluvian.  Perhaps you should try an IBM OS system!