UNIX documentation

utzoo!decvax!duke!unc!smb utzoo!decvax!duke!unc!smb
Wed Aug 26 10:07:14 AEST 1981

I'm not going to claim that UNIX is well- (or even adequately-)
documented -- I know better!  But it isn't always the implementor's
fault.  I have been told by a reliable Source that the uucp packet
protocol documentation was written in time for V7, but that certain
lawyers didn't want it released -- they apparently felt that the
documentation threatened proprietary techniques, but the code didn't!