Flaming Psychologists

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Tue Aug 11 11:41:44 AEST 1981

>From mo at LBL-UNIX Tue Aug 11 11:23:32 1981
Well, you see what kind of stuff gets into DATAMATION.
I don't understand these things: many of the criticisms
are right, but the facts are categorically wrong!  Unix
could benefit from some "normalizaion" (the Software Tools
benefitted greatly from having been written all at once, not
over the years), but the claim that Unix does not present
a simple set of principles is the most incomprehensible
statement he could have made!  That is ALL Unix does,
and that is precisely why he doesn't like it!  If he hates
it so much, why doesn't he go get an account on a TOPS-10 system
or since he is at UCSD, a UCSD PASCAL machine?
	Well, enough of that.  I yield the floor to Lauren.
	-Mike