1822 Interface for Multibus

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Tue Aug 11 09:57:18 AEST 1981

>From Nowicki at PARC-MAXC Tue Aug 11 09:48:36 1981
Changing the subject,  does anybody know of an Arpanet (BBN-1822) interface
for the Intel Multibus, IEEE standard 796?  We could always hack up Ron
Crane's old parallel port interface, but would prefer something already done on
the slim chance that it happens to exist. It just occurred to me that a SUN
workstation would make a dandy Arpanet-Ethernet gateway.  The main
advantage over an 11 is that you would not have to squeeze it all into a 16-bit
address space. Is there anybody else out there in internet land who might want
to share efforts?
	-- Bill