Are there still any V6 C compilers?

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!RAM at MIT-MC utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!RAM at MIT-MC
Wed Jul 22 19:03:05 AEST 1981

From: Robert A Morris <RAM at MIT-MC>
The problem has not been just with C compilers when I have ported v7ish
things to my v6 11/34. II sometimes have to go and #ifdef  a few
system calls.  The Berkeley retrofit library seems to take care of
i/o and file system things like stat and stty. Usually I have to program
around iocontrol or  see if stty/gtty will do the same thing.

Itseems that (a) 11/40 class machines are getting cheaper and (b) v7 on
these machines is just beginning to  make its way into the world. Perhaps
in a year the problem will be gone, but it isn't now.
--bob