dist command in MH

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!mike at RAND-UNIX utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!mike at RAND-UNIX
Wed Jul 22 15:36:23 AEST 1981

From: mike at RAND-UNIX
Apparently the "dist" command fell into disuse in one of the
early versions of MH. "Dist" is similar to "forw", it prepares a
message to be sent to people who did not receive it initially.
The difference between the two commands is that "forw" appends a
new header whereas "dist" does not.

Making "dist" work again is not trivial.  If there is sufficient
interest we will put it on our MH work list.

Rand supports MH for inhouse use.  That is, we don't promise to
fix all bugs, but, if you send us a bug report, we will probably
fix the problem and distribute the fix.  While we can not promise
to fix all bugs, when one realizes that Rand has all of its text
processing online with UNIX, the Rand Editor and MH, then one can
become more certain that all important bugs will be fixed.

By the way, the Rand Editor and Message Handler are available for
distribution outside of Rand.  If you are interested, send me
your U.S.  Mail address and I will have the documentation and
license agreement mailed to you. (U.S.  Government agencies do
not have to sign the license agreement.  The only fee is for the
cost of distribution and licensing).