Hi-speed link between Q-bus and Unibus (?)

utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards utzoo!decvax!ucbvax!unix-wizards
Tue Nov 10 02:00:47 AEST 1981

>From teklabs!tekmdp!azure!stevenm at Berkeley Tue Nov 10 01:25:46 1981

Does anyone out there have experience with medium-speed communications
(around 30Kb) between Q-bus devices (in this case an 11/23) and Unibus
devices (in this case an 11/34). Constraints on the system are that it
not severely load either system, that it support some sort of FTP, and
that it costs less than about $6k for both ends. I have looked at
DR(V)-11 like interfaces, but the standard DEC DRV-11 for the Q-bus
will not do DMA, and my guess is that the number of interrupts to
support 40kb would be prohibitive. Reply to:

Steven McGeady
 ucbvax!teklabs!tekmdp!stevenm
 (OR)
 chico!teklabs!tekmdp!stevenm