sdb and f77

woods at hao.UUCP woods at hao.UUCP
Wed Jul 6 08:28:17 AEST 1983

  I have not been able to figure out how to get sdb(1) to print out the
value of a variable (from f77(1)) that is in a named common block. I see
nothing in the manual page that says you can't do this, but every time
I try to print out such a variable, sdb thinks it is zero. I have put
print statements into the FORTRAN program to prove to myself that the
variable in question is definitely non-zero. Does anyone know the proper
syntax to print a variable from named common? (Or, for that matter, has
anyone else noticed this problem or know for sure that it *can't* be done?)
We are running Berkeley 4.1a UNIX on a VAX 11/750. Please, spare me the flames
about FORTRAN. I wouldn't use it if I didn't absolutely have to!

  Please *mail* me responses, as I don't normally read this group.

			Thanks,
                        GREG
 {ucbvax!hplabs | allegra!nbires | decvax!brl-bmd | harpo!seismo | menlo70}
       		        !hao!woods