Request for HP-PLOT/21 info

chichak at auvax.UUCP chichak at auvax.UUCP
Fri Jul 15 03:23:20 AEST 1983

Wanted:
	Any information on installing the Hewlett-Packard PLOT/21 graphics
software.
	The software is currently installed per the installation manual, with
the appropriate constants for our VAX 11/780, and our new HP 7221T plotter is
drawing all sorts of spurious lines on the test plots.   The tty driver uses
Xon/Xoff to communicate with the terminal, and the plotter sits in eavesdrop
mode.
	Not being a VAXHACKER or Wizard, I cannot tell if the driver is stuffing
the datastream with CR/LFs or other escaped characters.   As the commands are
completely unreadable, the stuff is hard to debug.   So, what can I do?
	If anyone knows of a system that has a working 780-UNIX-7221-PLOT/21
configuration could they send along a summary of their software/hardware
modifications.
	We are running UNIX 4.1bsd, have 1.5meg (if that matters), and the tyy
is routed through a PACX.
	Any other information on request.

	please mail to: auvax!chichak
			alberta!auvax!chichak
			ubc-visi!alberta!auvax!chichak
			uw-beaver!ubc-visi!alberta!auvax!chichak
	or use the US snail service

			Andrei Chichak
			Department of Computing Services
			Athabasca University