Hayes Smartmodem info wanted

govern at houxf.UUCP govern at houxf.UUCP
Fri Jul 22 15:43:50 AEST 1983

I've just about decided to get a Hayes, but wanted it see if there
were any loses I should watch out for with it.  Several modems I've
seen advertised recently can store several numbers to be dialed
instead of typing them in each time.  Does the Hayes have this
ability?  It would let me shut the terminal off when I'm not using
it; otherwise I intend to download telephone numbers into the
softkeys.

Also, the ubiquitous question; Does anyone have a device driver
written so I can use it as an autodialer instead of the 801 ACUs I
have know?  I'm currently running 4.1 BSD on my VAX.

				Thanks;
					Bill Stewart
					houxf!govern at BTL