long integer division on pdp11's

gwyn at brl-vld gwyn at brl-vld
Fri Jul 29 15:58:55 AEST 1983

From:      Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn at brl-vld>

You have rediscovered a long-known problem with long division support
on PDP-11s.  I once saw some fixes from Berkeley but those routines
had OTHER bugs.  System III (USG 3.0) also has the long division bug
on newer PDP-11s; I don't know about System V.

I have a totally correct (famous last words) set of the PDP-11 C
runtime arithmetic routines here at BRL.  I don't know who would be
the best redistributor, but if you have an urgent need for correct
program execution maybe I could mail them to you.