Broff and a proposed net project

mel at houxm.UUCP mel at houxm.UUCP
Thu Jul 28 12:26:51 AEST 1983

Barry,
  About that ISO Draft-Proposed Standard for a Text Processing Programming
Language and Markup Language -- how do we find out about it ???  I did a bit
of research in our library and couldn't find any information about it.  They
had ISO Standards, but not Draft Standards listed.
  What better place than Usenet to air a new proposed standard ?
So please tell us about it.  Where do we get a copy of the
proposal ?  Can you post it ? or an abstract, at least ?  Are there any
articles published on it ?  Who are the authors ?  Is an implementation in
the works ?  who ? when ? where ? on what ?
  A smug "I know more than you do" note may be great for the ego, but a note
with information will win friends and further the cause.  Please post more
information.  If this becomes a popular issue, perhaps we should form a new
newsgroup (net.docp ?) for document preparation discussions.   Thanks.
  Mel Haas  ,  houxm!mel