Gosling Emacs on 4.1c

Guido van Rossum guido at mcvax.UUCP
Thu Jul 21 07:30:04 AEST 1983

    A few weeks ago, somebody claimed to have a version of mchan.c that
    was required to run Gosling's Emacs on 4.1c. I was unable to reach
    this person by mail - perhaps others had difficulty, too.

    A fix this important is surely worth distributing via net.sources, yes ?
    It'd be much appreciated around here...

    Michael Ellis - Fairchild AI Lab - Palo Alto CA - (415) 858-4270

Here's good news for you.  At the Math. Centre, Amsterdam, we did it
ourselves, tired of waiting.
It took me about one day of digging in the Emacs sources -- after
an unspecified time needed to find out about pseudo terminals and
other tricks.
I won't post to net.sources, because I'm not sure whether this reaches
you (we don't receive it in Europe).  But maybe teus at mcvax.uucp knows a
way to distribute it to interested (and licenced!) parties out there.

	Guido ('not afraid to do it myself') van Rossum
	Mathematical Centre, Amsterdam
	...!{decvax,philabs}!mcvax!guido