Enet help wanted - (nf)

mark at zinfandel.UUCP mark at zinfandel.UUCP
Fri Jul 29 15:22:04 AEST 1983

#R:zinfandel:12400034:zinfandel:12400036:000:797
zinfandel!mark    Jul 25 16:11:00 1983

Re: Trouble with pairs of 3Com ethernet machines not talking.

Boy, do I have egg on my face.  It turns out that I had an error
in one of the net routing tables (UNET.names); there was nothing
wrong with the 3Com software or hardware.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Bill Croft @ Sun
for passing my original message along to 3Com,
and to Pamela Lawson @ 3Com for lots of prompt help.
3Com gave me better support than I've gotten from any other company
with which I've ever done business.
I should have called them in the first place,
and spared the net.

Thanks also to Terry Laskodi @ teklabs and Rick Krull @ teklabs for their
helpful suggestions.

Mark ("The Purloined Letter") Wittenberg
...!decvax!sytek!zehntel!mark
...!ucbvax!menlo70!sytek!zehntel!mark
...!teklabs!zehntel!mark