Enet help wanted - (nf)

mark at zinfandel.UUCP mark at zinfandel.UUCP
Tue Jul 12 15:22:05 AEST 1983

#N:zinfandel:12400034:000:890
zinfandel!mark    Jul 11 15:02:00 1983

Help!

We have about 10 machines (VAXen, 68Ks, Z8Ks, and PDP-11s)
connected together with a 10 Mbit Ethernet (running 3Com's UNET
software) and find that sometimes some pairs of machines
refuse to talk to each other.  The 68Ks and the Z8Ks
are MULTIBUS machines, and all machines use 3Com Ethernet controllers.

Example:
	Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta are on the net.
	Alpha can talk to Beta and Delta,
	Gamma can also talk to Beta and Delta,
	Beta and Delta can talk to everyone,
	but Alpha and Gamma can't talk to each other.

Has anyone else run into this sort of trouble?
Anyone have any hints or consolation?

If you think you know something about this,
please get in touch with me. I will provide details if they will help.
Thanks for your help.

Mark "Eager for any information" Wittenberg
...!decvax!sytek!zehntel!mark
...!ucbvax!menlo70!sytek!zehntel!mark
...!teklabs!zehntel!mark