Versatec

torben at arizona.UUCP torben at arizona.UUCP
Fri Jul 29 16:50:12 AEST 1983

I just read Adrian Pells summary of Versatec usage and I have a question
for all of you out there.Does anyone know about DIGS(Device Independent
Graphics System)for the Versatec???Adrian mentioned it with a vague
reference to Herriot-Watts in Edinburgh,but without a name or something
that isn't much to go on.I'd appreciate any pointers/references any of
you can give me.
If anybody knows about other graphics systems that will work with a Ver-
satec I'd appreciate anything you can give me on that.We have vplot,
but what I'd like is 3-d graphics and I'd like to avoid having to rein-
vent the wheel.
By the way,I rewrote the "standard" version of vplot and added some
missing commands(arc and circle are documented in plot(5),but apparently
weren't implemented in the version of vplot we had).Also,I did away
with the old tmp file and am now keeping the whole bitmap in memory.
All in all I have a pretty decent vplot;it works well,and it is a "clean"
program in the sense that it is a heck of a lot easier to read and
modify to taste than th old vplot.If anybody is interested,let me know
and I'll mail you a copy.

				Torben Nielsen
				UUCP: {purdue ucbvax utah-cs}!arizona!torben
				CSNET: arizona at torben