uucp over Sytek local network

eric at aplvax.UUCP eric at aplvax.UUCP
Fri Nov 11 01:32:56 AEST 1983

	I am trying to adapt uucp to work over the Sytek local
network. I can get it to establish the circuit, and log in, but
it fails in the transfer. My assumption is that this is because
the uucp protocol wants a full eight bit transfer, and Sytek
does not provide a full eight bit transparent data path. My question
is, has anyone modified uucp to work over the Sytek net (or
developed a protocol for it that does not require 8 bits?). Right
now I am looking at breaking up every six bytes into 8 (I not only
can't use the top bit, I also have to avoid XON/XOFF). If someone
has a better way, I would like to hear about it. Thanks for any
help that you can give me.

--
					eric
					...!seismo!umcp-cs!aplvax!eric