uucp over Sytek local network

CCVAX.ron%nosc at sri-unix.UUCP CCVAX.ron%nosc at sri-unix.UUCP
Thu Nov 24 16:40:14 AEST 1983

From:  Ron Broersma <CCVAX.ron at nosc>

We use uucp over a Sytek local net at NOSC.  The only thing that
is gross about it is the L.sys entry.  For flow control we use
EIA at the host end, not XON/XOFF.  That's the only way to go and it
is easy with Emulex CS11s (DH lookalike).  It is also possible with the
Able DH but a little messier. The COMMAND sequence on your Tbox or
Tmux should be set to BREAK or NONE.  PARITY should also be set to NONE.

Modifying the uucp protocol was not an option to us because a lot
of the uucp hosts we talk to are micros with binary only licenses.
There was one exception, I had to patch the binary on a Callan system
because of a portability bug in the checksum routine.

--Ron
Ron at Nosc,  ucbvax!sdcsvax!noscvax!ron, (619) 225-2148