Booting UNIX System V from Disk Drive 1

sherm at pegasus.UUCP sherm at pegasus.UUCP
Wed Nov 9 15:37:42 AEST 1983

Does anyone know if there should be any problem
booting UNIX* System V from Drive 1 instead of
Drive 0?  I am about to encounter a situation where
a VAX is to be shared between VMS and UNIX (alternately,
not concurrently) and the disks are fixed media.

I would like to be able to recommend putting the UNIX
root directory on drive 1 and leaving VMS on drive 0.
What has to be told to the machine to get it to look
in the right place?

Please reply by mail, and I will post to the net if there
is interest.

As usual, thanks in advance!

	Paul Sherman
	{allegra,ihnp4,...}!pegasus!sherm