source for /usr/doc/ on SysV

Guy Middleton gamiddleton at thunder.UUCP
Sat Aug 4 00:50:08 AEST 1984

> > Our distribution copy of System V (release 1) apparently has source
> > for the manual, but not for what you would normally find in /usr/doc.
> > Is this normal?  If it is, how do we go about getting these things?
>
> This is "normal", the &*&%&^$^&%'s at AT&T having decided to do things
> this way. ... ... If you're source-licensed,
> you could get the older versions from a site with an older version of Unix
> (since a SysV source licence is supposed to cover all older Bell versions).

That would be no problem, except that what I want (the 'mm' macros) are
probably not there in pre-SysV Unixes.  Maybe in SysIII, though.  Anybody
out there have a System III, with /usr/doc/mm?  We have a System V source
licence, so it should be legal to send us a copy.

	Guy Middleton
	Computer Centre
	Lakehead University
	Thunder Bay, Ont.

	..{allegra,clyde,decvax,utcsrgv}!watmath!thunder!gamiddleton