UUCP and Rixon modem

Barry Margolin barmar at mit-eddie.UUCP
Sat Aug 11 07:26:04 AEST 1984

A number of people have told me about using "" in the L.sys conversation
to mean automatically succeed.  Thanks.

Another problem that I ran into was with newlines.  Uucico follows each
"send" string in the L.sys entry with a Unix newline, i.e. a linefeed.
Unfortunately, the Rixon ignores linefeeds, so they don't have the
desired effect of causing the Rixon to execute the command.  I solved
this problem by making use of the Rixon's ability to store numbers to
dial; the command to dial a stored number doesn't have to be followed
with a CR, and the LF that Unix sends just gets ignored.

Anyone know of a version of uucico for System III (Uniplus+ in
particular) that uses a more robust and powerful L.sys format.  It took
me an hour to figure out why I was losing!
--
    Barry Margolin
    ARPA: barmar at MIT-Multics