11/73 and 2.9,I got troubles,help me - (nf)

brad at bradley.UUCP brad at bradley.UUCP
Mon Aug 27 11:58:00 AEST 1984

#N:bradley:400011:000:1490
bradley!brad    Aug 26 20:58:00 1984

If some of  you would take a look at this problem and send me
your suggestions.

Thanks, inadvance.

Hardware	11/73 with 1Meg/ MXV11 multi function board
			   (DEC memory)
		RLV-11 with two RL0's
		CS01 (Emulex dh/dm) with 16 lines

Now the problem, we are trying to put up 2.9 but seem to be having
just one problem. We got the disk drives to do the 22-bit addressing
since it thought you needed unibus map for 22-bit. The problem seems
to be with the dh's (i think). First what happens then my thoughts.
When booting up multi-user everything works fine. Then on about
8 of the 16 lines we run 'yes followed by a line of chars.', all at
the same time. The what happens is some of the terminals seem to start
printing the memory, you set strings from /unix showing up and tons
of garbage chars that through the viewpoint/60's in to all sorts of
trouble. Mind you that the console connected up to a vp/60 will work
fine and generally one or two terminals will stay running through the
night. Now what I think, the dh/dh driver only works with 18-bits so
you can't define UCB_CLISTS otherwise you bound to get trouble, so we
have the clists in the first 64k, sounds ok to me. Mind you we
haven't added anything to the kernel. Also I might add that this happens
whether we enable the 22-bit's for memory and run a MEG or don't enable
it and run it with 256k.

Any help is good.

Bradley Smith		{ihnp4,cepu,uiucdcs,noao}!bradley!brad
Text Processing/Bradley University
(309) 676-7611 Ext. 446