before the flames start...

gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA
Sat Dec 29 14:18:22 AEST 1984

> ... What do we consider the established purpose of
> this list to be?  Is it to discuss "political" issues, technical issues,
> or both?

Clearly it was intended for "technical issues".  However, people are
posting beginner questions here instead of info-unix, and many of the
issues turn out to be at least partly political after all.  Does
anyone have any good idea how to restrict unix-wizards topics?  I know
that a moderated newsgroup has been proposed, but many people don't
like that either..