Question on 4.2 Performance Article in Usenix Procs.

bloom%ucbshadow at brl-tgr.ARPA bloom%ucbshadow at brl-tgr.ARPA
Wed Dec 19 10:10:20 AEST 1984

In article <55 at tove.UUCP> mark at tove.UUCP (Mark Weiser) writes:

>	D.  They will never be distributed.
>
>The authors of that article were asked from the floor several
>times if they would please post diffs to net.sources or something
>for these changes.  They were indifferent to our pleas.

I wouldn't say that the people from Berkeley were indifferent
to the requests.  Nothing from the group working on BSD is
posted on net.sources or any other newsgroup.  All network
newsgroups have too wide of a distribution.   Many sights
do not have the proper licensing for the information already
being distributed.

Berkeley is also not a software production environment.  We do
not have the facilities to continually distribute bug fixes or
maintainence releases on a regular basis.  Changes that are
considered important enough are made and will be distributed
through a proper release, if and when one happens.

				Jim Bloom
				bloom at ucb-arpa.arpa
				ucbvax!bloom