Help with 3B2 Cu

David Haynes david at ecr.UUCP
Tue Dec 11 09:32:17 AEST 1984

I've got a real head scratcher here and wonder if the wizards
(or friends of wizards) can help.
The problem arises with the 3B2/300. (I know that's my first problem.)
I am trying to get their version of "cu" to talk.

The L-devices file looks like this: DIR tty02 0 1200

The inittab entry like this:
02:2:off:/etc/getty tty02 1200 # first board second port

The cu command used is:
cu -s 1200 -l /dev/tty02 dir     or
cu -s 1200 -l /dev/tty02 -M dir

Both have reported cu failed with a bad line.

Now, to test this thing I have connected the 3B2 to itself.
The connection is as described in their documentation as
a "null modem " cable and has been tested with a meter for
integrity.

Miscellaneous factors:
Yes, I have tested the other port to see if getty is active
(in fact I turned on all ports to see if they were active)
The cu -d option doesn't report a thing.
Any clues?
				David Haynes
				Emerald City Research Inc.
				...!utzoo!ecrhub!ecr!david

	"I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!"